Top 5 Spot Treatments That Actually Work!

Top 5 Spot Treatments


Bad skin can really effect our confidence. Whether you are a teen or adult suffering with acne or breakouts, try these top 5 ways that I have used to get rid of acne successfully! 

By Paris Bailey
31 August 2018


No.1

Rubbing Alcohol
I have always suffered with break outs on my back for as long as i could remember. Until i started wiping my back down with rubbing alcohol. Use a cotton bud and clean the effected area. Do this every night on body acne and 4 times a week on face. Be sure to only use this directly on the spot and not the surrounding area. This worked a charm for me, I only used this for a week and I have not experienced break outs since! I use Healthstar 70% Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol. Make sure you only use a 70% rubbing alcohol. 


No.2

Baking Soda & Lemon Juice
This works wonders for skin. Not only does it exfoliate and remove dead skin cells, it also restores the ph balance of your skin. Use this 4 times a week and be sure to moisturise with a non toxic, non greasy moisturiser. I use Christina Moss Naturals, it is great for oily and sensitive skin. Also, always use the juice of a fresh lemon.

No.3

Witch Hazel

Witch hazel is great for your skin. I always tone my face after I have removed my makeup with Witch Hazel. it reduces the look of pores, stops excess oil production, and it helps to stop the development of whiteheads and blackheads that cause a break out. With it's anti-inflammatory properties it helps sooth and reduce aggressive acne. It is a must have for your night time cleansing routine.  I use Thayers Witch Hazel  as it also contains Rose Petal water and Aloe Vera, both of which are great for your skin.
No.4

African Black Soap
African Black Soap has long been used to heal problem skin. It is great for fighting acne and can also even out dark spots, sooth eczema and stop/heal razor bumps. I have been using this for around 6 months, 3 times a week when I am in the shower and I have to say my skin has a much more even tone and it gets rid of the excess oils. Do not use this daily however as it can dry your skin out. I would recommend again using a non toxic, non greasy moisturiser after using this. I use Sky Organics Black Soap as it contains Shea Butter and Aloe Vera.
No.5

Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar has many wonderful uses. However I have religiously used this on my skin if I ever had a really bad break out. I would simply put a dash on a cotton pad and wipe the area. Apple Cider Vinegar contains alpha hydroxy acids that get rid of harmful bacteria and dead skin cells.
Be careful not to overuse as Apple Cider Vinegar is acidic and could cause skin irritation. I use Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar as it is organic.

Top Tips

  • Always cleanse your face before bed to remove bacteria accumulated throughout the day.
  • Do NOT touch your face with dirty hands! this seems obvious but we all have a tendency to prod around with our spots! Just be conscious of this throughout the day, and if you do have to touch your face use the back of your hand.
  • Be consistent with using these products, and when you see results do not stop until all of your skin has cleared up.
  • Drink water and avoid greasy food. Greasy food equals greasy skin! I have always noticed that when my diet is bad I develop spots :( Also water cleanses your body and draws out toxins.
  • Change your pillow cases often. If you suffer from acne your pillow cases will carry bacteria too. Change them as often as possible until your skin clears up.

Comments

Popular Posts